Using one My GrandKids account on multiple phones, or with multiple phone numbers
Your My GrandKids account can only be verified with one number on one device. If you have a dual SIM phone, please note that you still must choose one number to verify with My GrandKids. There is no option to have a My GrandKids account with two phone numbers.
If you attempt to frequently switch your My GrandKids account between different devices, at a certain point, you may be blocked from re-verifying your account. Please don’t repeatedly switch between different devices and numbers.
After changing your phone
Before you give away your old phone, make sure to wipe it of all your data. Remember also to wipe the SD card, if applicable. This ensures that none of your private data, such as your My GrandKids digital content, will fall into someone else’s hands.
Changing phone numbers and/or phones
Before you stop using a particular phone number, you should migrate your My GrandKids account to the new number. For a simple way to do this, use our Change Number feature. By using this feature, you’ll be able to migrate your account information (including your profile information) as well as your groups.
Make sure your contacts delete your old phone number from their phone’s address book and input your new number. As it is a common practice for mobile providers to recycle numbers, you should expect that your former number will be reassigned.
Different types of phone
If you’re moving from one type of phone to another, such as from an iPhone to an Android, and preserving your number, you’ll keep your account info. This information is tied to the phone number. Simply download My GrandKids on the new phone and verify your number.
Privacy & Security
Better secure your device and help prevent others from using your phone number in the future by following these tips:
- Enable two-step verification to enhance the security of your account.
- Never share a 6-digit device verification code with others, even if the other person appears to be someone you know or an organization you trust. My GrandKids does not ask you to share your verification code.
- Set a PIN lock to better secure your phone.
We recommend you share this advice with friends and family to help secure their mobile device.
Privacy and security is in our DNA, which is why we have transmission encryption. When your transmission encrypted, your photos and videos are secured from falling into the wrong hands.
My GrandKids transmission encryption ensures only you and the person you’re communicating with can view what’s sent, and nobody in between. All of this happens automatically: No need to turn on settings or set up special secret chats to secure your shared photos and videos.
Important: Transmission encryption is always activated. There’s no way to turn off our transmission encryption.
End User License Agreement
If you’re sure your phone is connected to the Internet, there are a few reasons why My GrandKids photos and videos aren’t going through:
- Your phone needs to be restarted or turned off and on.
- The contact you’re sharing with has blocked your number. Find out more in this article.
- You haven’t completed the initial verification process. Learn about verification on: Android| iPhone
- The number of the contact you’re trying to share with on My GrandKids hasn’t been saved correctly on your phone. Learn the correct format of each phone number here.
By installing this app on an Android device you agree to the End User License Agreement terms defined by:
Android App Version
Apps made available through the Google Play Store are licensed, not sold, to you. Your license to each App is subject to your prior acceptance of Licensed Application End User License Agreement (Custom EULA) between you and the SFN Innovations. Your license to any Android App under this Custom EULA is granted by Google Play, and your license to My GrandKids under this Custom EULA is granted by SFN Innovations. Any App that is subject to this Custom EULA is referred to herein as the “Licensed Application.” The Application Provider or SFN Innovations (“Licensor”) reserves all rights in and to the Licensed Application not expressly granted to you under this Custom EULA.
- Scope of License: Licensor grants to you a nontransferable license to use the Licensed Application on any Android based products that you own or control and as permitted by the Usage Rules. The terms of this Custom EULA will govern any content, materials, or services accessible from or purchased within the Licensed Application as well as upgrades provided by Licensor that replace or supplement the original Licensed Application, unless such upgrade is accompanied by a Custom EULA. Except as provided in the Usage Rules, you may not distribute or make the Licensed Application available over a network where it could be used by multiple devices at the same time. You may not transfer, redistribute or sublicense the Licensed Application and, if you sell your Android Device to a third party, you must remove the Licensed Application from the Android Device before doing so. You may not copy (except as permitted by this license and the Usage Rules), reverse-engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code of, modify, or create derivative works of the Licensed Application, any updates, or any part thereof (except as and only to the extent that any foregoing restriction is prohibited by applicable law or to the extent as may be permitted by the licensing terms governing use of any open-sourced components included with the Licensed Application).
- Consent to Use of Data: You agree that Licensor may collect and use technical data and related information—including but not limited to technical information about your device, system and application software, and peripherals—that is gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, product support, and other services to you (if any) related to the Licensed Application. Licensor may use this information, as long as it is in a form that does not personally identify you, to improve its products or to provide services or technologies to you.
- Termination. This Custom EULA is effective until terminated by you or Licensor. Your rights under this Custom EULA will terminate automatically if you fail to comply with any of its terms.
- External Services. The Licensed Application may enable access to Licensor’s and/or third-party services and websites (collectively and individually, “External Services”). You agree to use the External Services at your sole risk. Licensor is not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy of any third-party External Services, and shall not be liable for any such third-party External Services. Data displayed by any Licensed Application or External Service, including but not limited to financial, medical and location information, is for general informational purposes only and is not guaranteed by Licensor or its agents. You will not use the External Services in any manner that is inconsistent with the terms of this Custom EULA or that infringes the intellectual property rights of Licensor or any third party. You agree not to use the External Services to harass, abuse, stalk, threaten or defame any person or entity, and that Licensor is not responsible for any such use. External Services may not be available in all languages or in your Home Country, and may not be appropriate or available for use in any particular location. To the extent you choose to use such External Services, you are solely responsible for compliance with any applicable laws. Licensor reserves the right to change, suspend, remove, disable or impose access restrictions or limits on any External Services at any time without notice or liability to you.
- NO WARRANTY: YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT USE OF THE LICENSED APPLICATION IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE LICENSED APPLICATION AND ANY SERVICES PERFORMED OR PROVIDED BY THE LICENSED APPLICATION ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE,” WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND LICENSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE LICENSED APPLICATION AND ANY SERVICES, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND/OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OF ACCURACY, OF QUIET ENJOYMENT, AND OF NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY LICENSOR OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY. SHOULD THE LICENSED APPLICATION OR SERVICES PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIMITATIONS ON APPLICABLE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF A CONSUMER, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Limitation of Liability. TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL LICENSOR BE LIABLE FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR ANY OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE LICENSED APPLICATION, HOWEVER CAUSED, REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY (CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE) AND EVEN IF LICENSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY, OR OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. In no event shall Licensor’s total liability to you for all damages (other than as may be required by applicable law in cases involving personal injury) exceed the amount of fifty dollars ($50.00). The foregoing limitations will apply even if the above stated remedy fails of its essential purpose.
- You may not use or otherwise export or re-export the Licensed Application except as authorized by United States law and the laws of the jurisdiction in which the Licensed Application was obtained. In particular, but without limitation, the Licensed Application may not be exported or re-exported (a) into any U.S.-embargoed countries or (b) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department’s Specially Designated Nationals List or the U.S. Department of Commerce Denied Persons List or Entity List. By using the Licensed Application, you represent and warrant that you are not located in any such country or on any such list. You also agree that you will not use these products for any purposes prohibited by United States law, including, without limitation, the development, design, manufacture, or production of nuclear, missile, or chemical or biological weapons.
- The Licensed Application and related documentation are “Commercial Items”, as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. §2.101, consisting of “Commercial Computer Software” and “Commercial Computer Software Documentation”, as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202, as applicable. Consistent with 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202-1 through 227.7202-4, as applicable, the Commercial Computer Software and Commercial Computer Software Documentation are being licensed to U.S. Government end users (a) only as Commercial Items and (b) with only those rights as are granted to all other end users pursuant to the terms and conditions herein. Unpublished-rights reserved under the copyright laws of the United States.
- Except to the extent expressly provided in the following paragraph, this Agreement and the relationship between you and SFN Innovations shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, excluding its conflicts of law provisions. You and SFN Innovations agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of Riverside, California, to resolve any dispute or claim arising from this Agreement. If (a) you are not a U.S. citizen; (b) you do not reside in the U.S.; (c) you are not accessing the Service from the U.S.; and (d) you are a citizen of one of the countries identified below, you hereby agree that any dispute or claim arising from this Agreement shall be governed by the applicable law set forth below, without regard to any conflict of law provisions, and you hereby irrevocably submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in the state, province or country identified below whose law governs:
If you are a citizen of any European Union country or Switzerland, Norway or Iceland, the governing law and forum shall be the laws and courts of your usual place of residence.
Specifically excluded from application to this Agreement is that law known as the United Nations Convention on the International Sale of Goods.